Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sunbonnet Sue's - Art Sue's - Challenge

Blog 73

Welcome back to "SEAMS LIKE HOME"!

In my last blog about setting up the Sunbonnet Sue Quilt show, I said I'd show you more about the "Art Sue's" challenge display.  Here it is in one wide shot.  Oh my gosh, it was soooooo much fun!


"Art Sue's" is the name of a small group of members of the Sunbonnet Sue's Quilt club.  I'm a member of this fun group of quilters who are interested in  ART QUILTING.  Our challenge this year was to make an underwater panel and/or a three dimensional fish using a "steam punk" theme.

The "FISH" below are proof of the fun we had.











This last fish with the big metal teeth is mine.  Everything except the fabric came from the JUNK SHOP.

Now for the panels...











Look at the fish at the very top - I missed getting a close up shot at it Dang it!


Well there you have it, the fish & the panels, oh what fun.  I had a hard time getting any shots of them as the cubicle was always packed with admirers.  We have a small art group but we pack a lot of punch!

I have more photos to show you from the quilt show...  Did I tell you the quilt show was AWESOME!?
Well it was! It was the most awesome small town quilt show ever.
You'll see, just wait until my next post of the beautiful quilts.

SEW ON AND SEW FORTH!



No comments:

Post a Comment