Saturday, September 6, 2014

Quilt show at the Kitsap Fairgrounds

Blog 11

Yesterday I went with several quilters from my new quilt group to the quilt show at the Kitsap Fairgrounds.  




This was the Welcome banner to the "Color my world" West Sound Quilters' 2014 Quilt show.






I've heard many times the phrase "Every Quilt tells a story". Well there was one quilt at the show that made me think "I'd sure like to know the story behind this one".  From what I could tell it was a representation of a Roadway sign that sometimes shows a deer crossing the road.  But this one showed what looked like to me to be a man with a hula hoop crossing the road. The border around him was made with an abstract guitar fabric. And the title of the quilt was the "String Cheese Incident Band".

The first thing I thought was that this was some crazy band name that someone thought up and the quilt was for a member of that band.  But then why the crossing sign with a man and a hula hoop?  Was it a hula hoop? Was it string cheese? What was the incident? It sure makes the imagination
run wild.

I guess I'll never know,   It 's just another mystery - it is, what it is.

I had a good time at the show and I will be posting more quilts, especially one that will knock your socks off!  It did me.  Have you ever heard of miniature knotwork? 
Me neither. 

No comments:

Post a Comment