Monday, November 17, 2014

I'm SEW happy! I'm SEW VERY HAPPY!

Blog 30

I am so very happy, I am getting to build my own Quilt Room from scratch! (within reason). As you know from my previous blogs we just moved from Reno, NV to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.  We found a perfect house with everything on our wish list EXCEPT a big enough quilting room. I thought I could make it work, but it didn't.  My quilting room needs to be a guest room when we have company, so I share my quilting things with a Queen size bed.   
These pictures were taken before we bought the house. This was the bedroom and surrounding closets and it is right next door to a humongous laundry room. (laundry room door right next to the bedroom door - ODD - The laundry room had 3 doors - EVEN ODDER) The bed isn't even a queen size - it's only a full size - and there is nothing else much in the room. If you sat on the bed and looked back to the door you can see a door to the right that was small walk-in closet.
  
And I am talking SMALL!  Really, not a walk-in, barely a step-in.

 

Outside the door into the bedroom was a HUMONGOUS six foot linen closet - I don't have that many linens, lets get real. And just around the corner another HUMONGOUS six foot second coat closet.  There is already a coat closet by the front door for heaven's sake.
It was VERY chopped up with closets and an odd hallway that didn't make sense. 
Why oh why did the laundry room, hallway and closets need so much space?
I wanted that space!

So, what do you do in a case like ours?
WE TORE IT ALL OUT!

Stay tuned for the next blog where you can witness step by step destruction and building of my quilt room!
SEE HOW HAPPY I AM!


No comments:

Post a Comment