Friday, August 7, 2015

A break from the quilt show frenzy

Blog 75

Welcome Back to "SEAMS LIKE HOME"!

Getting ready for the quilt show and working the quilt show was exhausting in a GOOD way.  It was the climax of many months of planning and working towards the BEST small town quilt show in the West.  All the work was worth it, the quilt show was a big success.  Our only problem was Mother Nature's Heat Wave that hit on the same weekend.

No matter how much I enjoyed working with other quilters, by the end of the quilt show, I was ready for a short break.  Just an intermission.

The Pacific North-West provides plenty of diversions.  It's sheer beauty refreshes you and makes you glad just to be here as an observer of nature.  I took walks along the Dungeness River which is low like most, if not all, western rivers. It is still an amazing site to see.  I took time to pause, breathe in the fresh air and be happy.





Respite over, I've returned to my quilting.  First I looked for something small to make.  I suggested making a thread catcher to a group at the Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. They liked the idea and we made them. It was a lot of fun joining other quilters to make this project.  It was a chance to be creative short term.  They went together really quickly and turned out "oh sew cute"! I'm making two more for a total of three.  One for my sewing table, one for my cutting table and one for the ironing table. When I finish the next two I'll post them.  Stay tuned......









SEW ON AND SEW FORTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment