Sunday, August 16, 2015

It worked! The wish list worked!

Blog 76

Welcome back to "SEAMS LIKE HOME"!

I've been working on a Stack and Whack quilt (I will blog about it later) but I ran out of one of the fabrics I needed - the background.  I think I accidentally gave it to someone when I cleaned out my stash to move to Washington.  Well, no matter what happened to it, I need it!  

It is an old fabric that I bought in Hawaii from a lady who worked at a quilt store.  It wasn't from the quilt store but from her personal stash. I don't know where she got it. It was truly a mystery fabric. I saw it and loved it and asked if I could buy it.  She said she had had it for quite a while and hadn't used it yet so yes, I could buy it.  Woo Hoo!  I shipped it home with other things I bought.  this was back in 2007! OK, Yes.... I had it in my stash for years too, but I did find the perfect use for it, the background for my stack and whack.  The main fabric is an African print, the background is a swirling rush of colorful rooster feathers, absolutely PERFECT for the background. Now all I need to finish the Stack and Whack blocks is that PERFECT mystery fabric.

OK, don't Panic! The New Quilting Website, MyQFE.com (stands for: My Quilters Fabric Exchange) has a forum with a wishlist.  You can post fabrics you are looking for and hope someone has it.  I knew my wish was a L-O-N-G-S-H-O-T! But what the heck.  I gave it a try.

I posted on MyQFE.com Forum wishlist.  I described the fabric and asked if anyone had it.  It took a while but I got a response asking for more details about the fabric.  I posted a photo of it in the MyQFE.com Gallery so she could see what the fabric actually looks like.  Again it took a while but I got an answer.  SHE HAS IT!!! OMG, I AM OVER THE MOON. I immediately contacted her by email and she is selling me 2 yards of it.  I sent her a cashiers check. I can hardly wait to get the fabric.

It worked!  The wish list worked!

The name of the fabric is "Poultry in Motion" and it is my PERFECT fabric, just waiting all those years for me to find the perfect project.  The woman who is now selling the fabric to me, at a very reasonable price, lives in Texas.  I live in Washington, but the "Wish List" makes it a small world after all.


Are you looking for fabric you need?  Give it a shot,
who knows where the fabric may be.


SEW ON AND SEW FORTH!








No comments:

Post a Comment