Saturday, October 18, 2014

BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE...

Blog 17


I went to the Cabin Fever Quilt Show in Pt. Townsend a few weeks ago.  It was small as quilt shows go - but it was GOOD!  

I was particularly impressed with the "Viewer's Choice" quilt!

If you can't read the label to the left it says the quilt was made by Megan Bergstein (I don't know her) for her Son Luke (Lucky Luke! I don't know him either) who is a great gardener.  The pattern is from Crabapple Hill (I LOVE their patterns) and is called  "Gardener's Alphabet".
The quilt itself is gorgeous! Tinted, hand embroidered, and embellished with tiny, tiny beads.  Simply GORGEOUS!


Just look at the details, that is a lot of work my friends.
 

 BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE...

Please take a look at the quilting.  Dory Miller of Crazy Horse Quilting  quilted it.  It is FABULOUS!  Quilting like this is found at International quilt shows.


OK, there is still more...  Guess what?  (don't get lost in the story, it takes many twists and turns)  Dory Miller the quilter, is the Sister of one of my quilting friends from Nevada.  Yep, that's right, my new acquaintance (and I hope new friend) from the new quilt club I joined in Washington, Dory Miller, is the Sister of Barbara Cavanaugh my friend from my old quilt club in Nevada.

It is a very small world out there guys, very small.
We are all connected at some level.  Quilters have many friends all over the world. Isn't it wonderful.

I'm going to show you more pictures tomorrow.  Like I said a small quilt show but a GOOD quilt show.  Lots to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment