Monday, October 27, 2014

My HALLOWEEN quilts.

Blog 23


My HALLOWEEN Quilts!


This is "Happy Halloween" of course and I made the blocks at a Quilt Retreat at Lake Tahoe.  It was fun making the blocks with "advice" from my girlfriends.  If you can enlarge the picture you will see the backgrounds for all the blocks are different purple polka dots.  It was fun looking for 12 different purple polka dot fabrics!  My Friend Paula quilted it for me.  It is full bed size but I like to put it up on the wall for October.


This "Joined at the Hips - The Witch is in" fits perfectly on the upper half of the door to my quilting room.  My husband thinks its pretty funny, hmmm, I wonder why?


This is a Nancy Halvorsen pattern, "Come Sit for a Spell".  I put it on a little Ackfeld wire hanger and sit it on the dining room table.


I love my little "Any Witch Way" pattern I found in a magazine.  I made this one at a Quilt Retreat at Soda Springs, California.  I gave this one to my Daughter, Cathy.  She hangs it up at her work during this season.  Every time I see it or see this photo I think about making one for me too. 
Someday, Someday.

By now you must be thinking I love Halloween and Quilt Retreats and you would be right!  This is one of my very favorite Holidays, and I go to Quilt Retreats whenever I can do it.

Halloween involves dressing up in a costume and being whomever you want to be and Quilt Retreats involve dressing down, wearing pajamas all day if you want to, and being yourself - your REAL self around your best friends.  No similarities, quite the opposites, but I LOVE them both anyway!

 I almost forgot, they both involve CHOCOLATE!!


1 comment:

  1. Of course I put my "Any Witch Way" quilt up at work for everyone to enjoy again this year. I love it!

    ReplyDelete